Summary: The Assistant Manager is the first line representative to the Extra Space Storage customer in the Store Manager’s absence. The Assistant Manager may be either full or part-time and may also be assigned to multiple sites to provide support or fill in when a manager is off duty. This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of a site. The Assistant Manager provides assistance to the Senior Store Manager and Store Manager with revenue, delinquency management, occupancy, maintaining cleanliness standards and customer service as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support sales objectives and revenue growth through:
- Maximizing conversion of telephone and walk-in inquiries into rentals
- Promoting Extra Space in the community
- Maintains appropriate financial controls and achieves financial goals by:
- Accurately handling cash and balancing receipts
- Making collections, posting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely
- Participating in collecting past due accounts
- Consistently practices effective customer service techniques through:
- Answering phones in a friendly, pleasant, and professional manner
- Greeting customers promptly, enthusiastically and professionally
- Knowing and presenting the features and benefits of the property at all times
- Resolving customer problems timely and effectively
- Supports timely and accurate administrative processes throughout all job duties by:
- Maintaining accurate records for each customer including contracts, insurance, and change of address forms, addendums, and any correspondence to or from customers
- Effectively utilizes computer systems in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Monitoring accurate merchandise inventory
- Compiling assigned reports and projects correctly and timely
- Consulting the Policy and Procedures manual on a regular basis for answers, clarifications and consistency
- Effectively directs maintenance workers to assist with successful running of the facility and accomplishment of duties in the Store Manager’s absence
- Monitors security system; performs lock checks on a daily basis
- Performs minor maintenance and custodial duties; cleans vacated units on a timely basis
- Keeps golf cart, company units, and grounds clean and free of debris at all times
- Takes necessary action to meet company standards of appearance and cleanliness
- Assists customers with truck rentals at some locations
- Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum direct supervision; operates effectively on a team
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESMI seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentalities, positive attitudes, can handle change, and operate with integrity. Employment with ESMI is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening. Employees must have a current driver's license and must be able to travel to a number of properties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Assistant Manager has no supervisory responsibilities but will assist with direction of the maintenance workers in absence of the Store Manager.
Education and/or Experience: A High School diploma/GED equivalent and at least one year of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is required. Leadership skills and experience supervising others is helpful for growth potential.
Language Skills: Incumbent must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals in English is required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is necessary.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Regular attendance in the assigned location is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will generally split time between an office environment and outside work tasks. These outside tasks may need to be performed in either extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$10.37 - $15.76
Extra Space Storage - 18 months ago
When closets are bursting at the seams and garages are overflowing, Extra Space Storage gives its customers room to breathe. One of the...