This position assumes responsibility of the Site Manager in his/her absence. Position is typically scheduled opposite the Site Manager, i.e. nights and weekends with the understanding that schedule may change on short notice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
If there is a QSR at the assigned location, the AM will also:
- Manages site during night shifts, swing shifts, and other times when prescribed by the site manager and/or marketing representative.
- Supervises Hourly and Senior Hourly employees to uphold Hess site operating standards.
- Supervises, develops, trains and disciplines staff; give direction to Sales Associates and Sr. Sales Associates as necessary.
- Monitors shift cash handling and assists in investigations of shortages.
- Maintains business records, reviews cashier accountability sheets and other records prescribed by the site manager and/or marketing representative.
- Opens and closes site adhering to Hess Corporate policies.
- Works the cash register performing customer service activities.
- Adheres to all Hess cash control policies.
- Ensures procedures are adhered to protecting company assets.
- Assist customers/resolves complaints in the manager’s absence.
- May perform banking, invoicing, payroll, and/or other administrative duties.
- Ensures facility is secure and safe; complies with all Hess safety and environmental guidelines.
- Complies with Hess grooming and presentation standards.
- Complies with required sanitation standards.
- Promotes “Fast, Fun & Family” environment and The Hess Way standards.
- Embraces Hess Corporate Values.
- Must perform duties required by Region and Territory policies.
- Prepares finished food product.
- Operates QSR POS equipment.
- Operates, cleans and conducts routine maintenance on food service equipment.
- Must be able to provide superior Customer Service the “Hess Way”
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for at least eight hours per day.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 5-10 pounds continuously (approx. 20 times per day).
- Ability to lift and/or carry 20-25 pounds frequently (approx. 10 times per day).
- Ability to lift and/or carry 40 pounds occasionally (5 times per day) .
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and/or crouch during shift.
- Ability to climb ladder/stairs.
- Ability to work with arms bent all day.
- Ability to grasp and move objects w/ hands, requiring eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to work in extreme, intermittent temperatures; i.e. outside, cooler, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision .
- Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to lottery machine, cash register, soda/coffee/credit card machine.
- Basic management and supervisory skills required
- Ability to assist Site Manager with site action plans to enhance operational performance of unit.
- Must be able to perform principle duties of the job in a timely manner .
- Ability to understand and effect the financial performance of the store.
Hess Corporation - 8 months ago
Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities.
We support continuous learning and development.