Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,750 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
City: Fort Walton Beach State: FL ZipCode: 32547
Title of Position: Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the routine operation of the property. The purpose of this position is to provide the additional capacity needed to manage the property effectively.
• Responsible for representing himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with all residents, employees, and vendors, including both oral and written communication. Always presents a professional image of himself/herself.
• Responsible for working with the Property Manager and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
• Operates the management office at the property.
• Responsible for ensuring that the reporting calendar is followed, and that all reports are run on time.
• Utilizes Yardi to produce the company's required reports, and other automated systems to generate Invoice Cover Sheets, work orders, and file copies of material to be saved.
o Utilizes Yardi to correct reports, such as the Resident Status Report for example.
• Provides applications to potential residents, ensures that the applications are prepared properly, provides them to the Property Manager, and tracks all follow up documents (e.g., receipt required by some agencies).
• Ensures that a credit report is obtained for each applicant.
• Prepares leases for applicants, and provides applicants with other material which will orient them to the property.
o Updates the Wait List monthly, including sending the update letters to prospective residents, tracking receipt of those letters, logging in the update, attaching a copy of the letter to the original application and, where required, sending a receipt to the applicant.
• Tracks evictions by maintaining contact with the company's local attorney after the Property Manager has issued his/her eviction notice
• Prepares the mid-month collection report to determine rent collections from residents as of the fifteenth of each month.
o Tracks any rent not collected for thirty, sixty, ninety or more days with the reason for each such situation.
o Provides copies of the mid-month report to the Property Manager and to the senior property manager.
• Responsible for processing Lease Renewals, including:
o Notifying residents of their impending Lease Renewal.
o Conducting the Lease Renewal interviews with residents.
• Monitors residential rent collection and keeps the Property Manager current with regard to any existing or potential problems.
• Assists the Property Manager as needed with maintenance functions, such as:
o Ensuring that all property and grounds are maintained according to company policy.
o Ensuring that all maintenance reporting requirements are satisfied, including writing work orders as needed and preparing the Work Order Summary.
• Responds to resident issues and complaints in the absence of the Property Manager, and informs the Property Manager of the existence and status of all such issues.
• Assists the Property Manager as needed with marketing functions, such as:
o The completion and submission of marketing reports.
o The implementation of the property's Resident Retention Program.
o Participation in the Leasing and Renewal Programs.
• Performs special assignments as needed or as requested by the Property Manager, or Senior Property Manager.
• Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Property Manager.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
(These are specific degrees, certifications or training, physical requirements, and skills that are needed to perform the job.)
• Yardi experience preferred
• Strong Excel skills required
• Property Management experience required (2 or more years)
• Effective Communication skills required
• Military Knowledge preferred
Anticipated Work Schedule: Monday- Friday (some weekends required)
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 11 months ago