Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes almost 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, over 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
Address: 8505 Waters Ave.
City: Savannah State: Ga. Zip Code: 31406
Title of Position: Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the routine operation of the property. The purpose of this position is to provide the additional capacity needed to manage the property effectively. The Assistant Manager reports to the Property Manager, and works with all site staff.
• Responsible for representing himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with all residents, employees, and vendors, including both oral and written communication. Always presents a professional image of himself/herself.
• Responsible for working with the Property Manager and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
• Operates the management office at the property.
• Responsible for ensuring that the reporting calendar is followed, and that all reports are run on time.
• Provides applications to potential residents, ensures that the applications are prepared properly, provides them to the Property Manager, and tracks all follow up documents (e.g., receipt required by some agencies).
• Ensures that a credit report is obtained for each applicant.
• Prepares leases for applicants, and provides applicants with other material which will orient them to the property.
o Updates the Wait List annually, including sending the update letters to prospective residents, tracking receipt of those letters, logging in the update, attaching a copy of the letter to the original application and, where required, sending a receipt to the applicant.
• Tracks evictions by maintaining contact with the company's local attorney after the Property Manager has issued his/her eviction notice
• Responsible for the property's payroll functions, including:
o Maintaining daily records of work time for the office staff, including sick time and overtime.
o Obtaining the records of hours worked by the maintenance staff from the Superintendent at the end of each week.
o Preparing the time sheets from the time cards.
o Reporting the employees' time for each week by telephone to the company's payroll office.
• Prepares the mid-month collection report to determine rent collections from residents as of the fifteenth of each month.
o Tracks any rent not collected for thirty, sixty, ninety or more days with the reason for each such situation.
o Provides copies of the mid-month report to the Property Manager and to the senior property manager.
• Responsible for processing recertifications, including:
o Notifying residents of their impending recertifications.
o Conducting the recertification interviews with residents.
o Reviewing each recertification to ensure that all checklist items are complete.
o Sending copies of the recertification verifications to the appropriate funding agencies (e.g., Social Security Administration, place of employment, Welfare agency, Veteran's agency) and to the relevant banks and other organizations (e.g., drug stores), including signing of the recertification by resident.
• Responsible for processing, following through on, and consummating special collections (e.g., claims against residents), and/or filing Special Claims or Vacancy Claims where applicable.
• Monitors residential rent collection via the 02 Report, and keeps the Property Manager current with regard to any existing or potential problems.
• Monitors corrections to vouchers via the 03 Report, and keeps the Property Manager current with regard to any existing or potential problems.
• Works with vendors concerning outstanding bills, including researching invoices to determine if checks have been sent to the vendors, when they are planned to be sent, or if invoices have to be resubmitted.
• Responsible for tracking vendor overtime (e.g., cleaning), for preparing a purchase order to pay for any justified overtime, and for providing the purchase order to the Property Manager for approval.
• Exercises no authority to approve expenditures or spend money.
• Assists the Property Manager as needed with maintenance functions, such as:
o Ensuring that all property and grounds are maintained according to company policy.
o Ensuring that all maintenance reporting requirements are satisfied, including writing work orders as needed and preparing the Work Order Summary each Monday.
• Responds to resident issues and complaints in the absence of the Property Manager, and informs the Property Manager of the existence and status of all such issues.
• Assists the Property Manager as needed with marketing functions, such as:
o The maintenance of comparability studies.
o The completion and submission of marketing reports.
o The implementation of the property's Resident Retention Program.
o Maintenance of the waiting list in accordance with agency requirements, and in a manner which is organized for easy referral.
o Participation in the Leasing and Renewal Programs.
• Performs special assignments as needed or as requested by the Property Manager, or Senior Property Manager.
• Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Property Manager.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook)
• Tax Credit Experience
• Minimum 2 years Property Management experience required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
Anticipated Work Schedule:
40 hours weekly; anticipate some weekend requirements and alternate shifts based on seasonality and availability
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -