Seabulk Tankers operates and leases U.S.-flag petroleum and chemical carriers including double-hull vessels. The fleet transports crude oil, clean and dirty petroleum products and specialty chemicals in both the domestic and foreign trades. We are currently seeking an Assistant Marine Superintendent to join our Fort Lauderdale based headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
Treat Health, Safety and Environment as Top Priority
Assists the Director Marine Operations in all marine aspects of vessel operation, including:
- Ensures our vessels are in compliance with all regulatory initiatives including;-
o Port authorities
o Company and terminal policies
o Federal and applicable State/Port Authorities
- A member of the Home Office Emergency Response Team
- Partners with the Director Marine Operations on planning and exercising modifications or legislative upgrades as required
- Assist and participate on Incident investigations
- Takes an active role in recruitment / selection of Masters / Chief Mate and will recommend promotions to both Chief Mate and Master
- Training orientation of Masters / Chief Mate - process & systems
- Monitoring voyage performance - speed & consumptions and verifying the ships are meeting requirements
- Assists in general commercial issues including customer support
- Assists in the final vetting response to customers
- Responsible for ensuring assigned vessels meet stakeholder requirements, including:
o Customer’s ship terminal policies
o Company policies
o Coding invoices and receipts when necessary
o Travel in support of ship operations; convenes safety meetings during vessel visits, addressing issues important to management
o Promotes a professional relationship with the officers and crew
In the absence of Director Marine Operations , has direct resolution of operating problems and issues concerning;-
- Perform such other tasks, duties and responsibilities as may be required or directed by Director Marine Operations
o Port Safety.
o Cargo Handling.
o Bridge Management
o Vessel trim/stability and stress analysis.
o Under Keel Clearance.
o Letters of indemnity.
o Tracking of insurance claims.
In conjunction with the Director Marine Operations, perform such other tasks, duties and responsibilities as may be required or directed the Vice President, Commercial. In working together with the Vice President, Commercial, will be a focal point for our customers. As such will monitor and report on vessel performance, preparing and conducting quarterly KPI presentations.
Seabulkt Tankers, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job descriptions and responsibilities as the need arises.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.