We have an immediate open position for an assistant market research manager at LG in Buffalo Grove, IL. This office is part of the home appliance product planning group used to drive strategies 1-5 years into the future. This position's primary responsibilities would be to facililate focus group sessions, create questionnaires and research reports and assist in the day to day operation of the Consumer Insight Lab. Candidates should possess strong analytic thinking, have excellent communication skills and be well versed in excel and powerpoint. A strong statistics foundation is also a plus.
1) Research Moderation and Consumer Insight Lab Maintenance
- Moderate weekly gang surveys and focus group discussions
- Deep dive ethnographic research based on home visits. Through these life style studies, drive the hidden insight and the new product concept.
- Maintain research calendar and budget
- Be responsible for lab supplies, respondent incentives
- Maintain recruitment vendor relationships
2) Consumer Research Development and Final Reports
- Create recruitment screeners based on criteria from planning manager
- Create consumer and moderator protocols
- Generate research reports based on conducted studies
- Assist in data tabulation
- Participate in innovation sessions and concept development
3) Trend Research and Analysis Report
- Monitor and summarize the trend of Home appliances industry and make reports including implications to LGE
- Assist in market research projects with external vendors
- Visit trade and consumer shows just like CES, IBS, KBIS and analyze the trend and make reports including implications to LGE
- Ability to moderate consumer discussions and identify key findings/ insights
- 1-3 years of experience in research, ethnography, marketing or product development
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in Business, sociology or research degree
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills (powerpoint, excel)
LG Electronics - 6 months ago
LG Electronics (LGE) makes the products that have tech-savvy consumers chomping at the bit in the kitchen, in the media room, and on the go....