Assistant Marketing Manager
Location: Brisbane, CA
The Assistant Marketing Manager reports to the Marketing Director and has primary responsibility and accountability for the effective coordination and on-time completion of marketing projects, including coordination of all aspects of events, on-product graphics, sales support and consumer printed collateral, advertising, press releases, website/video/multimedia development, sales promotions, other assigned projects within the Marketing department. Assists the Marketing Director and other company key players on internal timeline creation and support managing that timeline within marketing to meet release expectations.
In addition, the Assistant Marketing Manager interacts directly with Brand Managers, sales managers, product managers to execute new marketing opportunities, prepares regular marketing activity reports and responds to questions from the sales and product teams. Works with cross functional teams in completing marketing action items, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and project managing projects to completion. Responsibilities may also include: coordinating trade show activities, and tracking of marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide reporting for future marketing promotions.
The Assistant Marketing Manager will:
- Work with Monster sales managers, distributors/dealers, and with Global Brand Marketing Director to develop marketing programs in support of regional sales targets (both online and in-store)
- Perform general administrative functions, manage vendors, ensure necessary promotional product are in place for launches, as well as helping manage all logistics for actual events (Trade shows, product launches, etc).
- Help execute special promotional events for product launches or for key drive-time opportunities
- Create monthly market research reports on competitive landscape using SWOT model: analyzing main regional competitors, collecting photos of in-store execution, collecting screen shots and details of competitors’ online promos or social media campaigns, tracking news articles of competitors vs. Monster
- Work with POP lead to develop demo displays that meet regional needs
- Work with Marketing leadership and Events Coordinator on events as needed
- Coordinate marketing collateral creation requests via MRF process, acting as main point-of-contact between sales teams and Monster designers
- Share marketing toolkit elements and promotional materials with sales team and distributors/dealers
The incumbent’s performance will be assessed on their:
- Effective strategies for global launch campaigns
- Effective follow through to ensure continued success of global launch plans or modifications made as needed
- Effective analysis gathering and recommendations to confirm the ROI of campaign strategies including launch events.
- Working collaboratively with others with an inspiring leadership style.
- Creating and/or updating processes to confirm consistent effective output (not re-inventing the wheel).
The incumbent will form key relationships with:
- The Marketing Leadership Team
- Other Product Marketing (Marketing 2.0) Teammates
- Product Area Managers
- VPs of Sales and Strategy
- Sales Managers
- Channel Marketing Managers
- Associate Art Directors and Design Teams within Creative Services
- Marketing Copywriters
- Head Monster Noel Lee
- Merchandising Teams (MTeam)
- Vendors and Suppliers
Monster Cable Products, Inc. - 16 months ago