Responsible for servicing and performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, assisting Mechanic in repairing vehicles, and assisting personnel with in-fleeting and turning-back vehicles.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil, changing and rotating tires, changing light bulbs, repairing/replacing brake pads, and checking fluids.
- Work with Mechanic in repairing out-of-service and warranty vehicles; inspect vehicles to document associated problems, cause and actions needed to repair vehicle; log status of repaired vehicles to computers.
- Work with Mechanic or Fleet Manager with in-fleeting and turning-back vehicles by preparing vehicles for rental and/or delivering vehicles to auction
- Receive and respond to customer complaints or problems such as disabled vehicles, vehicle lock-outs, and locating repair shops or dealerships.
- Maintain the cleanliness of work area.
- Perform various warranty repairs as identified in technical service bulletins and/or recall notices.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of automotive repair and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of CRT operation.
- Ability to operate mechanical tools including tire machines, balance machines, battery chargers, and AC vacuum motors.
- Basic knowledge of the car rental industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Vocational Training or the equivalent in Automotive Mechanics or a related field
- At least one year automotive repair or related experience in the car rental industry.
- Valid driver's license as required by state.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
- Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
- The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
- The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
- Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employees
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace for all employees. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug test and background check. Employees must maintain compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy for the duration of employment.
Thank you for your interest in applying; we also encourage you to visit us at www.facebook.com/DollarThriftyCareers for other opportunities that meet your skills and qualifications.
STEP UP and Like Us today!
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 13 months ago
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...