Auto req ID: |
Assistant Membership Manager
Area of Interest:
00114 Encinitas - CA
455 Santa Fe Drive
As a brand ambassador, the Assistant Membership Manager (AMM) represents 24 Hour Fitness and ensures Membership Counselors (MCs) provide a welcoming, informative, and enjoyable experience for all prospective members during club visits ultimately leading to membership purchases to obtain club membership targets.
- Assist the Membership Manager (MM) and/or Club Manager (CM) in executing 24 Hour Fitness business processes that bring to life our “Easy and Accessible Fitness” brand promise by leading, training and developing a strong team of MCs proficient in showing potential members how Easy to Join and Easy to Use our clubs are.
- Assist the MM and/or CM in achieving club membership goals by meeting or exceeding the club’s new member enrollment and personal training attachment targets.
- Establish and communicates a compelling vision for the Membership Team, ensuring an environment where all MCs thrive.
- Responsible for enthusiastically creating a club climate that supports Changing Peoples’ Lives Through Fitness.
- Responsible for upholding 24 Hour Fitness’ core values of ACHIEVE: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energize, Versatility, and Enjoy What You Do.
Span of Control / Organizational Relationship / People Management
Reports to the Membership Manager (MM) or Club Manager (CM) depending upon the club size.
Job scope: 1 club
This position directly or indirectly supervises the Membership Counselors (MCs) (approximately 3-9).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The AMM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Support MC Staffing, Training, and Performance Management [20% of time]
Assemble and manage a fully engaged and high performing membership team that aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the AMM will:
- Staffing Support
o Assist in participating in Membership Counselor selection by reviewing applications, interviewing and making hiring recommendations to the MM and/or CM.
o Be fully staffed to Membership Department needs.
- Training Support
o Assist with training the MC Team to generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, and guest passes.
o Assist with training MCs on delivering a personalized, guest-centric Sell Well tours and utilizing all company membership tools supporting new member enrollment and follow-up.
o Assist in training MC Team on current marketing campaigns in order to effectively communicate to members and prospective members.
- Support of Performance Management/Development
o Aid the CM or MM in the management of MC performance by watching behaviors, coaching, and creating a can-do working environment.
o Assist with or conduct weekly meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, inspiration, and guidance toward achieving individual and club goals.
o Along with the MC, assist in setting monthly, weekly and daily targets that are challenging but obtainable.
o Provide assistance to the CM or MM on managing the MC schedule within budgeted hours and/or business demands.
o Meet with MM or CM to review sales performance, club statistics and personal performance.
Club Tours & Presentations [40% of time]
- Create a great guest experience by delivering a personalized, guest-centric Sell Well Tour.
- Inspire guests to purchase memberships. Turn every guest club visit into a new member relationship by listening to guests’ goals, presenting 24 Hour Fitness in a way that best connects with them, and establishing trust in 24 Hour Fitness through transparent pricing, open dialogue, and passion for fitness.
- Integrate how personal training can play a vital role in achieving fitness goals with 100% of prospective new members.
- Present the opportunity to purchase fitness with 100% of new memberships.
Member and Prospective Member Service and Follow-up [40% of time]
- Create an outstanding member experience; follow up with current members to see if they are achieving their fitness goals. Serve as a resource for their questions or concerns, and put them in touch with the right 24HF resources as appropriate to ensure members are getting to their fitness goals.
- Generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, and guest passes.
- Manage and follow-up on 100% of Web Leads, e-mail referrals, Missed Guests, and any other referrals via phone and the web. Accurately track lead and referral activity using company-provided tracking tools.
- Responsible for being current and effectively communicating all marketing campaigns to members and prospective members.
- When not executing other job-related tasks, be present on the club floor and locker rooms, helping ensure a clean and safe environment, while developing relationships for prospecting.
- As a contributing team member, assist the front desk as necessary so members receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Management experience in sales/service industry
- Coaching/Motivation ability
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
- General understanding of Fitness Industry
- Ability to work with computers
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
Certifications / Educational Level:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- 24 Hour Fitness Certification in Sales
- Demonstrated success in a service-oriented sales environment
- Preferred: Prior management experience in service sales industry leading 3-10 employees
- Preferred: Experience in fitness membership sales
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- Ability to access and operate Company computer system including document preparation, data entry, and reading reports from a computer data base or e-mail system
- Ability to communicate telephonically with members
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....