The Assistant Nurse Manager provides management assistance on an assigned shift and is accountable for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process. The ANM assesses, plans, delivers, coordinates, integrates, and evaluates nursing care related to patient needs at the expert level. The ANM contributes to the support of patients through interdisciplinary teamwork, assures that the care provided is consistent with applicable standards, regulations, statutes and state and federal law, and provides leadership to department staff, serving as a resource and mentor. The ANM assists the Nurse Manager with elements of planning, organizing, controlling, climate setting, leadership, and operational duties.
- Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate Professional Nursing program is preferred
- Required experience is determined by the practice arena
- Previous demonstrated experience in charge nurse or leadership role is required
- Current NYS licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Current BLS certification is required
- Certification in an area of practice is preferred
- Ability to assess patient status and take appropriate action is required
- Demonstrates competency in required nursing skills relevant to area of practice
- Walking, standing, squatting and kneeling required throughout the shift
- Ability to lift and position patients required
- Category I risk exposure as defined by OSHA.