This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager. Will assist in managing a 275,000 sq. ft. distribution center with 100+ warehouse employees, 3+ drivers, 47,000 SKUs, receiving, storage, shipping, quality control, inventory control in a pick/pack operation. In addition, responsibilities in the areas of safety, fleet management, freight-related functions, budgeting, recruiting, team building, and training. Will ensure that operational performance and quality and service targets are met, while operating within budget guidelines. Will organize, monitor and ensure all operational and administrative activities within the facility meet Company goals and objectives.
- Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking, shipping, receiving, counter sales and inventory control.
- Supervises and monitors supervisory and warehouse personnel work assignments, work flow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity.
- Manages and oversees warehouse personnel responsibilities to include: recruiting, testing, new hire orientation, payroll record keeping and reporting, employee appraisals and reviews, progressive discipline issues (counseling, oral and written warnings), and employee terminations.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment and repairs. Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform distribution functions efficiently.
- Warehouse security, safety programs, and good operation and maintenance of warehouse power equipment (forklifts, cherry pickers, reach truck, etc.), workers' compensation reporting and all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and warehouse performance goals.
- Maintains complete and open lines of communication between the warehouse and corporate office to facilitate efficient warehouse operations.
- 5 + years management experience within warehousing/distribution and fleet management
- Ability to interact with customers, sales and customer service
- Knowledge of LTL, UPS and other forms of transportation, with automation preferred
- Strong leadership, presentation, analytical, communication and customer service skills
- Proven Leadership and Team building skills.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pound weights or more
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- College degree in Business, Finance or Logistics preferred
Interline Brands is a leading national distributor and direct marketer of broad-line maintenance, repair and operations (“MRO”)...