This position is responsible for day-to-day operations and workflow in the Hatfield, PA pharmacy operation. The Assistant Pharmacy Manager will ensure that the medications prescribed for the patient population of nursing homes are dispensed accurately in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervises, plans, assigns and participates in the work of professional, technical and support staff in the pharmacy.
* Regularly reviews and ensures standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Interprets, fills, and dispenses prescriptions in accordance with the written directions of attending physicians.
* Orients, trains, and mentors new staff.
* Assumes management of the pharmacy in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager; when assigned, and assists in the preparation of the pharmacy’s budget and operating procedures.
* Assists in the management of drug inventory.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors or Pharm.D. degree in Pharmacy is required
* Pharmacist licenses current in the home state and in good standing and willingness to obtain licenses in other states at the Company’s request and expense
* 5+ years active work as a dispensing pharmacist
* 2-3 years experience as a pharmacy supervisor
* Demonstrated knowledge of pharmacy regulations and practices.
* Demonstrated skills working with technology and equipment related to prescription verification and automated fulfillment/packaging systems
* Appropriate computer skills for the position (Microsoft Office Suite) and areas of influence
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, management, subordinates and peers.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable)
* Staff Pharmacists
* Lead Pharmacists
* Pharmacy Technicians
Decision-Making Responsibility (if applicable)
* All management decisions related to staff position supervises
* Schedules of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
* Writing SOPs on processes
* Rectifying quality issues
* Delegating duties to personnel
Millennium Pharmacy Systems - 13 months ago
Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates...