Assist the Plant Manager in overseeing the reprocessing of medical devices, including instruments, linens, and disposable accessory packs. The Assistant Plant Manger will establish clear goals and objectives and develop/implement operations plans using a systematic approach to continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
SRI is a service company which requires that you are always providing some level of service to either an internal or external customer. You are expected to make decisions that will in effect, positively impact and exceed the expectations of the customer base you serve. Accuracy, delivering on our commitments and the manner in which we execute each transaction must be done in such a manner that it positively spreads our organization’s reputation. Although we can not always choose the specific work assigned to us, we can however determine the attitude, behavior and personality we portray in completing our work.
- Assist in directing and coordinating production and other related activities for the facility to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations while maintaining a quality focus.
- Develop and update delivery logistics for customers to maximize efficiency.
- Keep and maintain driver qualification files, trip logs, and other documents. Ensure vehicle preventative maintenance schedule is kept and documented. Review and approve all Service Schedules submitted by Distribution Supervisor.
- As needed, support Customer Service efforts resolving distribution, service and/or quality issues in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for plant-wide MRP coordination and integration of production and delivery schedules. Prepare and evaluate future build schedule data, working with the sales function to obtain sales order or projection information, anticipating future workload requirements and proper staffing levels.
- Monitor inventory levels and maintain the control of linen inventory through a computerized bar code system. Identify and take corrective action on matters relating to potential inventory shortages created as a result of new business, loss, scrap, or any customer turn issues that may exist.
- Provide direct supervision of one or more of the following: service drivers, shipping, production and receiving personnel. Conduct employee performance reviews and recommend wage adjustments to Plant Manager.
- Make recommendations or decisions concerning facility, production or plant processes that will result in process improvements or operational enhancements while maintaining established quality standards. Make recommendations or decisions that would improve employee relations within the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all government or SRI mandated programs including, but not limited to, directives identified in the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), employee training manual, HR Policy and Procedure manual, Safety Compliance and OSHA.
- Work closely with Plant Manager to become a future Plant Manager in the current location or another location in the SRI Network.
- Other duties may be required and/or assigned.
Direct supervision of service, laundry, production, sterilization, packaging and instrument associates.
Work is performed in an environmentally controlled factory environment with limited exposure to noise and biohazards.
Minimum of 7 years experience of progressively increasing responsibility in production management with at least 3 years as a senior-level Production Manager required. Candidate must have at least 3-5 years in a warehouse/distribution environment.
Healthcare industry experience is preferred. Proven track record of successful and cost-effective management of a manufacturing facility preferred. Working knowledge of P&L statements preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Industrial Management, Engineering Operations Management or related industries preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Good depth of understanding related to production processes and control.
- Quality minded. Lean Six Sigma experience– (Green Belt preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Exhibit leadership ability with a strong work ethic.
- CRM software skills.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and regulations.
Travel will be mandatory to another SRI Location in order to support the location or take the interim role as Plant Manager until the position can be filled. The Assistant Plant Manager, once trained, will be the most likely choice to fill the open position.
SRI SURGICAL IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNTY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D.
SRI Surgical - 13 months ago
SRI/Surgical Express has doctors and patients covered, even when the gown opens to the back. The company, which conducts business under the...