· Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years experience working with various fixed income securities
· Minimum 2 years experience in financial analysis, with a preference for an individual with a bank finance background.
· Strong computer skills, including Excel and Word.
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communications.
The position is responsible for assisting the portfolio manager with the oversight of the bond portfolio. Support the Portfolio Liquidity Manager in all other aspects of the Manager’s responsibilities, to include individual bond, sector and portfolio analysis. Completion of some projects may require working outside of general parameters, including overtime.
· Assist in the analysis of bond purchases
· Assist ongoing monitoring of portfolio
· Assist in the administration of the balance sheet derivatives portfolio
· Prepare portfolio analytics using Intex, Yield Book and other tools
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
o Price the securities portfolio on a monthly basis o Assist in preparing annual Finance & Trust Committee credit reviews for correspondent banks, broker/dealers, BOLI carriers and municipal bond insurers
o Prepare monthly reports, several of which include:
· Liquidity report
· Verification of S&P and Moody’s ratings for the securities portfolio
· Credit reviews of the securities portfolio
· Municipal bond insurer and BOLI carriers ratings review
o Prepare quarterly reports, which include:
· Verification of data held within Paragon compared to data in Bloomberg
· Internal ratings of at least six Moody’s rated entities to ensure accuracy of the internal rating process
· Prepare Asset Yield Analysis
o Prepare and distribute analysis of major asset class yields. o Compare spreads to alternative investment vehicles
· Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. provides a range of retail and commercial banking, as well as other financial services through its...