"CLAIM YOUR ROLE"
Our Assistant Product Manager will support support the products and pricing for the Workers' Compensation line of business, and assure it’s consistent with Company goals and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analyze line of business results to ensure profitability and growth goals are achieved
Strategize and research additional revenue opportunities
- Develop new reports and manage existing reports to analyze the performance of the Work Comp line of business.
- Assist with the implementation of pricing, scoring, rating, and rules changes in the pricing model.
- Work with the Work Comp Underwriting management team and the Actuarial department to develop rate filings.
- Provide ad hoc data and reports to the Work Comp Underwriting management team.
- Manage relationships with various external parties to gather data.
- Monitor industry changes (competition, rating plans, etc) and interpret how they will impact our business plan.
- Responsible for maintenance and development of pricing and scoring tools using Excel and VBA to create efficiencies for the Work Comp Underwriting team and provide support for new opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of expansion into additional states by gathering and interpreting data, and identifying potential impacts to our business processes.
- Assist with analysis of new products, rating plans, and market segments within existing states.
- Work closely with the IT department and the Work Comp Business Liaison to make system changes, develop new rating workflow, or debug existing workflow issues.
- Assist the Work Comp management team when analyzing new technologies about potential risks and benefits, as well as impact to the existing rating workflow.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Actuarial experience is preferred. Strong Excel skills required. SQL/VBA background a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
ICW Group - 19 months ago