This is a remote (work from home position).
Work closely with Product Managers in the development, implementation, and management of personal lines of insurance programs (auto, home, and umbrella) in assigned states to ensure competitiveness, profitability, and compliance with each state’s regulations. Will be assigned management responsibility of one or more states.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Product Management:
a. Product development, competitive analysis, pricing, and profitability assessment.
b. Prepare rate and rule filings for submission to departments of insurance and negotiate for approval to ensure rate adequacy and marketability.
c. Assist Underwriting in developing and implementing guidelines, rules and processes
d. Assist Forms and Compliance in researching various regulatory issues and implementing changes as needed.
e. Work with Marketing on targeting/risk selection and other efforts impacting response and conversion.
f. Assist Sales & Customer Service with developing processes, procedures and training.
g. Work with IT to develop requirements, implement and test systems and functionality.
h. Lead cross-functional projects, as necessary.
2. Perform data analyses and prepare summaries of findings using SAS, Excel, Access & PowerPoint in order to identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations to Product Managers and Senior Management
3. Aid in the development of complex spreadsheets, validation of rate calculations and assessment of policy-writing systems to ensure accuracy and usability
4. Investigate and evaluate the current marketplace in assigned state(s). This includes: competitors’ rates, rules, forms, and underwriting guidelines.
5. Maintain and create reports for monitoring key metrics.
6. Vendor management responsibilities.
7. Integrity - Maintains confidentiality. Reveres accuracy and timeliness in financial reporting. Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner. Accepts accountability for actions and decisions. Supports Unitrin Direct values.
8. Self-Motivated - Takes independent action to solve problems and generate new ideas. Seeks responsibility and takes on tough assignments to improve skills. Practices self-development to keep knowledge and skills in line with company and industry job related standards. Meets commitments, accepts accountability and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
9. Analytical - Recognizes areas of opportunity, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues to address route cause of issues and makes timely decisions. Understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts. Can make difficult decisions and uses consensus when appropriate.
10. Organized - Maintains a clean and functional workspace, effectively manages distractions and interruptions. Works systematically and efficiently. Is attentive to detail and accuracy. Balances short and long-term goals and keeps own work aligned with overall office and company goals.
11. Collaborative - Values the differences in others. Speaks and writes professionally and is appropriately diplomatic in all communications. Builds intra/inter-department relationships to achieve common company goals and objectives. Welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
• MBA or Masters Degree in statistics, actuarial science, or similar field of study.
• Three (3) years of professional experience in insurance product management or analysis, preferably in personal lines.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
• Proficiency in Excel, Access, and SAS or SQL programming language.
• Excellent mathematical and analytical skills are necessary.
• Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills with a team-oriented approach required.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Prior supervisory experience is a plus
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
Apply Online: https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1540
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
•Choice of healthcare plans
•Choice of dental plans
•Flexible paid time off program
•Business casual dress
•401(k) with matching
•Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
•Employee referral bonuses
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard