The Assistant Production Manager will assist the Manager of Engineering and Production with day to day operations of the production department. Requirements will include the following:
• Coordinates manpower, resources and activities to meet daily production schedules
• Ensures all Production Department outputs are of the highest quality and delivered on time.
• Utilize Continuous Improvement Tools to achieve efficiency, utilization, and productivity goals
• Responsible for developing budgets and annual departmental goals. Also evaluates performance to budget and takes corrective actions as needed.
• Evaluates performance of Production Supervisors and employees and determines training needs.
• Manages the Professional and Career Development Evaluations for all direct reports.
• Coordinates with Material Handling, Task Planning, Quality and Scheduling departments to solve problems and improve production operations.
• Ensures that all departmental standard work is updated and proper training is completed.
• Responsible for daily 6S activities and maintaining a organized and safe work area.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a similar supervisory or management role
• ISO and Lean experience preferred
• Strong leadership ability
• Ability to think analytically with strong problem resolution skills.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong PC Skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Mapics, Kronos, and WM preferred.
• Ability to positively manage change
MTD Products wants to mow down its foes. The outdoor power equipment manufacturer makes walk-behind and tractor mowers, snow throwers,...