Psychology and Applied Therapies is a multidisciplinary division within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We have over 300 undergraduate students in 5 majors (3 BS, 2 BA) in the areas of Expressive Art Therapy, Art Therapy, Counseling, Holistic Psychology and Psychology. In our curriculum, we emphasize applied experiential learning as well as traditional academic scholarship. We have a strong clinical faculty, a developing research program and collaborations with the College of Art and Design and with the Graduate School of Social Sciences.
The successful candidate will teach three to four courses per semester. In addition to teaching undergraduate students, faculty members advise undergraduate students, and participate in recruitment and retention activities. In collaboration with program colleagues, there is the opportunity to develop the Division’s offerings in art therapy. Faculty also participate in curriculum development and assessment in a multi-disciplinary division, engage in academic scholarship, and serve on appropriate college and university committees.
- Must have an earned doctorate (or ABD and will have a doctorate by June 30, 2014) in art therapy or a closely related field.
- Must have Art Therapy Registration; board certification or LMHC preferred.
- Clinical Experience highly desirable.
- Must have a record of successfully teaching psychology or art therapy to undergraduate students.
- Must have a strong record of engagement in artistic practice and exhibition.
- A record of academic scholarship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 14 months ago