Job Summary/Basic Functions
This is a 1.0 FTE state-funded tenure-track appointment at the rank of assistant professor. Responsibilities include: teaching Ph.D. and M.A. level courses in the areas of student affairs and higher education; advising M.A. and Ph.D. students; supervising doctoral research and internships; conducting and publishing research; participating and collaborating in program development, planning, recruitment, and outreach to student affairs administrators within and beyond UNC; providing service to the program, college, community, and regional/national associations. Must be willing to teach courses in Greeley and at UNC's Lowry campus.
* Earned Ph.D. in higher education, student affairs, or closely related field.
* Significant experience in leadership roles within higher education.
* A record of scholarship, or evidence of a research agenda, appropriate for an assistant professor.
* Experience teaching graduate level courses.
* Interest and ability to teach courses in leadership, student development theory, college student cultures, and multiculturalism.
* Experience supervising graduate research.
* Strong background in either qualitative, quantitative, or mix-methods research.
* A commitment to understanding social justice issues and weaving them throughout the curriculum.
* A strong interest in working collaboratively on research and program development.
Search Committee Chair: Matt Birnbaum
Search Committee Chair Phone/Extension: (970) 351-2598
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, life, and dental insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement programs. Dependents and spouses of UNC Employees who are employed as 0.5FTE or above are entitled to and eligible for Dependent Tuition Grants. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Applicants must complete the online application form at the link below and attach a letter of application highlighting suitability for the position, and curriculum vitae, including a list of three references with the names, mail and email addresses, and telephone numbers. Screening of applications will begin immediately until position is filled. For more information or to apply for this position click on the following Posting link:
Contact for questions regarding the position may be referred to:
Matt Birnbaum/Assistant Professor and Coordinator
Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The successful candidate must submit original transcripts within one (1) month of hire.
EducationFacultyJobs.com - 17 months ago