Information on the Department:
The graduate program in Expressive Therapies at Lesley University offers specializations in art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, and expressive arts therapy.
The Expressive Therapies Division of Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts invites applicants for a full-time position of Music Therapy Coordinator. This position is a 12 month assignment beginning in July 2014. Reporting to the Division Director, the Music Therapy Coordinator will advise students, sustain an academic program of study, mentor faculty, chair committees, and teach courses in the Master’s and doctoral program and proven leadership for the Music Therapy specialization.
- Must have doctoral degree in Music Therapy, Expressive Therapies, or a related field.
- Must have registry (MT-BC) in Music Therapy, LMHC licensure or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of teaching experience.
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a record of scholarly work.
- Ability to teach related courses in Expressive Therapies necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Graduate teaching experience and clinical practice with diverse populations, in addition to having personal involvement in creative/artistic work is desired.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 9 months ago