Review of applications will begin March 1, 2013, and will continue until position is filled.
The Department of Physics at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Experimental Soft Condensed Matter Physics, starting in July of 2013. This is a full-time, academic year (9 months) appointment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Establish and maintain externally-funded research program;
2) Advise graduate and undergraduate students;
3) Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
1. Ph.D. in Physics;
2. A minimum of one year of postdoctoral experience in experimental soft condensed matter physics;
3. Demonstrated research accomplishments in broad range of soft condensed matter physics, including one or more of the following: experimental biophysics, oncology physics, nanotechnology, molecular imaging, cellular mechanics, advanced microscopy and spectroscopy;
4. Demonstrated effective oral communication skills and writing skills in English.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
University of Rhode Island - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard