The Department of Statistics invites application for a non-tenure track faculty position of Assistant Professor of Practice. Appointments at the assistant professor level are preferred but exceptional senior candidates will be considered. The department strongly encourages people interested in teaching and service to apply for this position.
Please see http://www.stat.vt.edu for a complete description of position responsibilities and the department.
The person appointed will have the following responsibilities:
- active and effective participation in undergraduate and graduate instruction and student advising
- active and effective participation in department and university administrative governance
- active and effective participation in professional organizations and associations, and
- adherence to the responsibilities of the general faculty as described by the faculty handbook (http://www.provost.vt.edu).
All applicants must have:
Applicants must have earned a doctorate at the time of appointment.
- a strong commitment for excellence in teaching
- a desire to advise and teach a student body which is diverse with respect to socio-economic status, interests, and abilities
- the ability to discern future tends in discipline
- vision, creativity, and leadership skills
- commitment/sensitivity to address issues of diversity in the university community
Preference will be given t o candidates with experience;
- teaching undergraduate and/or graduate service courses or their equivalent
- professional experience as a statistical collaborator
- experience in professional organizations and associations.
Applicants must be received online. For full consideration, applications should be received by June 15, 2012. However, applications and nominations will be considered until the position is filled. A copy of this job description may be found at http://www.stat.vt.edu/
Virginia Tech - 12 months ago
Founded in 1872 as a land-grant college, Virginia Tech (www.vt.edu) is the most comprehensive university in the Commonwealth of Virginia and...