Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Major Responsibilities and/or Classes to be taught
Classes to be taught would be selected from the following:
- Teach 18 contact hours per academic year
- Conduct a program of publishable scholarly research involving undergraduate students in the area of biochemistry, chemical biology, or medicinal chemistry.
- Perform college service including advising students.
CHE 221 General Chemistry I, Lecture or Lab
CHE 222 General Chemistry II, Lecture or Lab
CHE 301 Organic Chemistry I
CHE 302 Organic Chemistry II
CHE 304 Organic Chemistry Lab
CHE 451 Biochemistry I
CHE 452 Biochemistry II
CHE 453 Biochemistry Lab
CHE 477 Advanced Laboratory I
CHE 478 Advanced Laboratory II
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
Works under the direct supervision of the dean. Works closely with the department chair and faculty and staff within the department. Additional working relationships with faculty and staff in other college departments.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related field by time of appointment
- Specialization in biochemistry or chemical biology
Preference will be given to applicants with:
Job Open Date
- a strong interest in teaching
- postdoctoral experience
- the potential to advise publishable undergraduate research in biochemistry, chemical biology or medicinal chemistry
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted
FACULTY POSITIONS ONLY - How many recommendation letters will be required by the applicant?