The USFSM College of Education invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor to join our faculty in leading and growing a new Secondary Education program in English. Applications are welcomed from scholars with a strong research agenda, or potential for establishing a strong research agenda in areas such as English Education, Reading and/or Assessment. Evidence of potential for establishing a scholarly record is required, as is a history or potential for obtaining external funding. We seek candidates who are committed to research, reflective teaching, and willing to participate in college and/or university-wide service activities. Applicants should have teaching experience at the college level and a willingness to instruct students in distance learning or virtual environments and in online teaching and learning. The ideal candidate will contribute to our growing strength in working in partnership with community agencies and schools and in training educators who can effectively serve diverse learners.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in Secondary Education, English Education or a related discipline and experience at the secondary level. ABDs may apply; however, all degree requirements must be met by the position start date of August 7, 2013. Responsibilities may include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses across multiple programs, and collaborating with colleagues in an interdisciplinary environment. Proficiency in teaching ESOL courses is an asset
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Doctorate degree in Secondary Education, English Education or a related discipline (ABDs may apply, however all degree requirements must be met by the position start date).
- Experience teaching English at the secondary level for at least 3 years
- Evidence of or potential for establishing a scholarly record
- A history or potential for obtaining external funding
- Experience in partnerships with community agencies and schools
- Experience teaching at the college level
Special Skills/Licenses/Training/Certifications Necessary:
- Proficiency in teaching ESOL courses
- Experience with arts integrated teaching
- Experience with instructing students in distance learning or virtual environments and in online teaching and learning
- Experience with an assessment process
Application Deadline Date:
Additional Information for Applicants:
For letter of application please comment on research and teaching experience. Please list three references with contact information. Attach a minimum of one publication maximum three. Officials transcripts will be required of finalists. Reviw of applications will begin August 31, 2012.
Application Posting Date:
University of South Florida - 10 months ago
Founded in 1956, the University of South Florida has become the second largest university in the Southeast, with a student body of 36,000 on...