The Theatre and Dance Department within the College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) at Western Washington University invites applications for a full time tenure-track position with an emphasis in costume design and costume history.
About the Department: The Theatre and Dance Department’s 18 full-time and part-time faculty oversee 180 undergraduate majors in the two BA programs and one BFA program and offers numerous elective courses for the general student population.
Position Responsibilities: We seek a teacher/practitioner who will teach introductory and specialized courses in costume design and production, stage makeup, costume history, and millinery. The successful candidate will design for a minimum of one faculty-directed or choreographedproduction per year and mentor student designers of student- and faculty-directed or choreographed productions.
- An M.F.A. in costume design from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in higher education
- Demonstrated success designing costumes for theatre and dance productions
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education
- Effective interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: puppetry, costume technology, scenic design, or lighting design
- Evidence of successful professional design experience
- Experience in curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Dedication to a liberal arts educational model compatible with the mission of WWU
Academic Emphasis: Costume Design
Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Bargaining Union: United Faculty of Western Washington
Application Instructions and Requested Documents: To be considered for the position, application materials must be submitted via WWU’s Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Please log in at https://www.wwu.edu/jobs and use Internet Explorer to fully utilize the online application system.
Candidates should upload the following: a letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vita including the names and addresses of three references, and a teaching/design statement that includes evidence of teaching effectiveness.
Finalists will be asked to provide transcripts and a portfolio and may be asked for further evidence of scholarship and teaching. Please address any questions about the position to Ron.Riggins@wwu.edu or 360-650-3880.
Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
Western Washington University - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard