Richard Bland College of the College of William & Mary is currently seeking an exceptional Mathematics Professor to serve for the Fall 2014 semester. The primary role of this position is to provide college-level instruction and academic-related activities designed to encourage, support and enable student success. In addition to teaching mathematics at all levels and supporting the development of stronger interdisciplinary ties with other departments, duties include student advisement and committee service in shared governance structure for the Science & Quantitative Methods division and the College. Reporting to the SQM Division Chair, this faculty member is an important part of our academic community and whose major responsibilities include:
- Teach Mathematics courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/or select course-related materials.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A Master's degree in a mathematics discipline from a regionally accredited college or university; or a master's degree with 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics.
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of first and second year college students.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative style.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the Richard Bland College mission and vision.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the top-rated candidates will have the following:
- An earned doctorate in Mathematics
- Significant experience as a college faculty member
- Extensive background in implementing innovative education delivery techniques
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing and advancing innovative educational delivery techniques
- Enthusiastic commitment to the Richard Bland College mission and vision
It is the practice of Richard Bland College to conduct in-depth background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the College. The type of background checks performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: reference checks, criminal history including sexual offender registry checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) Record checks, license verification, credit report reviews, etc. The results of background checks are made available to the College employing officials. You will be requested to sign a reference release form, so your past schools and/or employers may be contacted concerning your academic or employment history.
Virginia Jobs - 4 months ago