Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, WV, is part of the state’s growing high technology corridor with a metro area of about 50,000 residents.
Duties and Responsibilities Associate Degree Nursing Faculty Member
Major Responsibility: Implement the philosophy and purposes of the associate degree nursing program of learning through teaching and evaluation of the nursing courses.
1. Ascribe to the philosophy and purposes of the University and the Department of Nursing.
2. Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the ADN nursing curriculum.
3. Participate in the selection of learning experiences for students.
4. Participate in textbook, library resource, audio-visual, computer software, equipment and other teaching material selection.
5. Participate in teaching team, nursing faculty, and other departmental committee assignments.
6. Teach Adult Health Nursing in the classroom, clinical, and simulation laboratories.
7. Evaluate students in the classroom/clinical/simulation areas.
8. Participate in recruitment and retention of students.
9. Maintain scheduled office hours according to policies in the FSU Faculty handbook.
10. Participate in university functions.
11. Participate in accreditation self-study activities.
12. Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Nursing and Course Coordinators.
Minimum Required Education Master's degree in nursing or BSN and enrolled in an MSN program which can be completed in two years from hire date.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications Licensure as a Professional Registered Nurse in West Virginia.
Type and Amount of Experience Needed Minimum of two years of experience in teaching preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
Professional Nurse with an emphasis placed in Medical-Surgical Nursing.
Preferred Qualifications 1. Licensure as a Professional Nurse in West Virginia.
2. Preferred-earned Doctorate or Master's degree in nursing.
3. Minimum of two years of experience in teaching preferred.
4. Minimum of two years of experience as a Registered Professional Nurse with an emphasis placed in Medical-Surgical Nursing.
5. Expected to achieve professional and scholarly eminence as defined by the promotion and tenure guidelines.
6. Must meet the health and agency requirement of clinical agencies.
Notes To Applicants All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Please note that all candidates invited to interview are required to bring copies of all academic (undergraduate and graduate) transcripts to the interview event.
- 18 months ago - save job