Information on the Department:
The Education Division includes majors in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Middle School Education and Secondary Education. The successful candidate should be able to teach a range of middle and high school education courses, mathematics courses and mathematics education courses.
The Education Division in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Lesley University is seeking a full-time, 9-month faculty member in Middle and Secondary School Education with a focus in mathematics. Responsibilities of the position include: (1) teaching courses for undergraduate and graduate students in Education; (2) supervising student teachers; (3) advising undergraduate students; (4) leading course development in middle and secondary education and mathematics education; (5) developing teaching-research collaborations with diverse urban schools; (6) participating in program development, assessment, and review in the Division; (7) participating in service to the Division, College, and University.
- Doctorate in Secondary Education or Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on Secondary Mathematics Education.
- Dissertation focus on mathematics education at the secondary level.
- Evidence of scholarship.
- Strong knowledge-base in the area of secondary and middle school education curriculum and curriculum theory and mathematics education.
- Three years of full-time high school teaching experience in the United States; experience teaching at the college level in the United States a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 8 months ago