The Department of Dramatic Arts in the School of Fine Arts (SFA) at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor of Theatre Administration with an emphasis on marketing who will also serve as the Marketing Director of the School of Fine Arts. Duties include, but are not limited to: teaching BA, MA and MFA students, serving as an academic advisor for undergraduate and graduate students, and leading SFA's outreach and communications initiatives. The candidate will help to develop a new Theatre Administration major and certificate program with another newly appointed colleague, serve on committees and attend all required faculty functions and meetings. As Marketing Director of the School of Fine Arts, duties will include serving as leader of the SFA outreach and communications efforts, work collaboratively to develop branding, marketing and communications strategy, develop and maintain marketing materials including written and web materials, data management and fact-based communications and strategic planning that is consistent with the School of Fine Arts' mission and goals.
1. A terminal degree in Theatre Management or a related field.
2. At least two years of professional experience.
3. At least two years of teaching experience at the collegiate level.
4. Demonstrated excellence in data management and fact-based communications planning.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively in a flexible, dynamic environment.
1. Teaching and advising experience at the graduate level.
2. Experience in web page creation and management, and graphic design
3. Experience working successfully in a highly collaborative environment.
This is a 9 month, tenure track position. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate's primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus. For more information on full job description, please go to www.drama.uconn.edu
Please submit an application online via Husky Hire. Applications must include: cover letter (2-page maximum) that references responsibilities and qualifications within the position description, a detailed curriculum vitae or resume, a statement of academic/artistic leadership philosophy, and a list of five references with contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses). Review of applications will begin immediately. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 5/10/2013.