As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
The Assistant Program Director will supervise two federally-funded homeless veterans’ employment programs. This individual will be responsible for the operation of SUS’ veterans’ employment programs serving over 100 veterans annually. Range of program activities include but are not limited to developing clients’ job search skills; identifying employment opportunities (job development and subsequent placement); job placement and ongoing support; resume writing and interviewing; vocational rehabilitation assessment; developing employment resources in the community; coordination of relevant client benefits; in coordination with relevant members of the Senior Management team, internal and external promotion and marketing of SUS’ veterans’ services.
• Work with employers and site supervisors to ensure that clients perform job duties in a satisfactory manner
• Utilize information resources (e.g. DOL and local employers) to monitor and respond to local labor market conditions
• Responsible for maintaining programmatic compliance with U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) contracts as well as other relevant internal SUS and external policies, laws and regulations; responsible for the attainment of program goals and objectives specified by the agency as well as funding/regulatory agencies.
• Prepares and submits all reports required by funder (U.S. DOL) and provides program performance data as requested.
• Responsible for maintaining adherence to all SUS agency policies and procedures.
• May represent Management at relevant agency or external meetings as needed and appropriate.
• Provides bi-weekly supervisory meetings with staff and maintains appropriate documentation of these meetings.
• Conduct bi-weekly case conference meetings.
• Responsible for facility condition, consumer contact, maintaining client electronic case records in compliance with contract expectations, regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service area is required, Master’s degree in relevant area preferred.
- Three years of experience working with veterans and or homeless population. At least two years of experience in supported employment setting, job development and job placement preferred.
- Managerial experience in human services and/or employment programs serving veterans required.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively network throughout SUS and the greater community. Ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of small, medium and large employers.
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Ability to monitor program budgets and produce required technical reports on program performance is essential.
- Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including:
403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability;
Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays