Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S. , we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
CEC is seeking an Assistant Program Director for its Therapeutic Community located at Indian Creek Correctional Center. The duties for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing clinical supervision to Clinical Supervisors and Counselors as well as some administrative oversight
- Conduct housing unit and Smith Hall clinical audits, and review clinical records
- Serve on Joint Clinical Assessment Team (JCAT)
- Assist Operations Coordinator and Human Resources Representative with staff recruitment
- Coordination and development of a VA specific training team and training schedule
- Complete timely written reports and make announced/unannounced unit visits including interviews of offenders, Community Education Centers (CEC) staff and DOC line staff
- Assess staff development needs and coordinate or provide on-going training in clinical/professional topics which impact service delivery
- Assist Clinical Supervisors in the development of written individual counselor plans for improvement/professional growth to include achieving Certified Substance Abuse Certification (CSAC) within two-year period
- Audit client records ensuring they are meeting VA/DOC contract requirements and ACA Standards
- Conduct CEC staff, DOC staff and client interviews in identifying trends and review client satisfaction surveys
- Contribute, evaluate, and track innovative ideas for sustaining systems supportive of improved quality of program and service delivery in coordination with Program Director
- Assist in development and revision of policies and procedures
- Represent the agency and/or participate in local, state and national taskforces as appropriate and as time permits
- Serves as Acting Therapeutic Community Program Director in his/her absence as directed
- The position require the individual to be movable and requires the individual to operate independently
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Program Director
This position requires that the individual have strong knowledge of clinical operations/program services, cognitive behavioral therapeutic community (CEC model) systems, program review procedures or CQI techniques, VADC contract standards, and expertise in the provision and coordination of inservice or formal staff training. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all these areas.
Masters Degree or equivalent required in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or related field
Certification as a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor and/or Certified Criminal Justice Professional with licensure as a practitioner is required within two years of hire date
Additional professional skills must include organizational skills and ability to work effectively with staff, correctional personnel, and offenders
Must Comply with security clearance protocol and meet all DOC standards required by contract
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.