PROGRAM: Senate Social Services
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Senate is a permanent supportive housing residence for formerly homeless adults, many with mental illness. On-site services include medication monitoring, case management, money management, entitlement assistance, medical and psychiatric care, substance abuse counseling, work readiness training, a meals program, 24 hour/7 day per week front desk security, and group activities.
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
CATEGORY: Full-time Salaried
DAYS/HOURS: Mon- Fri 9:00am-5:00pm
In a supportive housing setting, coordinate the team’s provision of all services, including engagement in psychiatric and medical care, entitlements, assessment & treatment planning, linkage to day programs, clubhouses, employment, and recovery.
1)Supervision of case management staff
2) Participate as Senate team member
- Provide supervision of approximately 8 staff members, each with an average caseload size of 15-16 clients.
- Ensure that all documentation (including, but not limited to, progress notes, service plans, health forms, reports, etc.) is completed by direct service staff in a timely manner and within established deadlines as per agency and funding sources standards.
- Provide coaching on Senate policies and clinical practice.
- Evaluate the work of case managers and initiate disciplinary action when required.
- Participate in intake/admission meetings.
- Oversee schedule and implementation of medication management.
- Oversight of clients’ money management.
- Collaborate with staff in other GRCC programs to coordinate client service.
- Attend staff meetings, case conferences, training programs and supervision meetings.
- Participate in planning and leading group activities.
- Collaborate to maintain an active resource directory.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate computer work; occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; some walking to visit clients
- Serve as Acting Director in the Director’s absence.
- Assist Program Director in serving as liaison to other community services; attend meetings and develop new linkages.
- Other duties as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoor office and some client home visits may be required
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
- Experience working with the mentally ill homeless population
- Team oriented
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
Excellent benefits package
- Please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements directly to Mario Arias, Program Director, at MArias@goddard.org
Powered by JOBBEX®
SocialService.com - 15 months ago