For over 100 years, Community Resources for Justice has cared for and supported some of our most challenged residents.
Whether transitioning offenders back into mainstream society, diverting at-risk youth away from crime and toward productive and fulfilling lives, or providing those with intellectual disabilities with a chance to grow and flourish in the community, CRJ welcomes and fosters change.
Our research and consulting services advance evidence-based practices that inform systems-level change while our community-based programs promote public safety and individual growth for some of society’s most challenged individuals.
Our Community Strategies division offers residential and community-based services to adults with developmental disabilities, providing our consumers the security and support needed to reach their full potential. Families and state social services departments are important partners in creating individual programs to improve living skills and foster independence, including becoming active participants in their communities.
At CRJ, our employees believe that society gains when all people are given the support and tools to lead responsible, productive and dignified lives.
The Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for supervision, general maintenance of residence, individuals, and staff of location. Assist Program Manager, Assistant Director/Director in overall operation of the program.
- Coordinates and supervises daily residential and program activities including supervision of staff, maintenance of residence, and teaching personal care of the consumers.
- Organizes and facilitates opportunities for community integration in leisure and vocational areas for all consumers as well as maintaining open communications with the consumers family, service coordinators and responsible outside Departments.
- Keeps consumers accountable to the rules of the program and keeps track of consumers to ensure they are where they are scheduled to be.
- Ensures all the proper individual records and reports are created plus handles the training of new staff.
- Manages program funds and supervises personal finances for all consumers.
- Researches and utilizes all available means of therapy in relation to each client’s individual needs.
- Implement all behavior plans, ISP objectives, ADL’s, disciplines and recreational activities as designated by the Director of MR Services or the Assistant Program Director.
- Evaluate staff performance at least annually and provide on-going supervision to all staff.
- Insure that complete and appropriate individual records are maintained in accordance with the Department of Mental Retardation and Community Resources for Justice regulations and policies.
- Ensures duties and responsibilities are carried out in a supportive and professional manner and attends appropriate meetings.
- Performs other job related projects and activities as requested or directed.
- Team Building
- Staffing & Development
- Performance Management
Verbal communication Repetitive tasks
Confidentiality Negotiation skills
Multiple concurrent tasks
Extended period of standing
Constant telephone usage
Knowledge of First Aid, CPR, Occupational Safety and Health Act guidelines, pro-active alternatives for change (PAC). Background in human services with strong communication skills, negotiation skills and good interpersonal skills. Previous experiences in a human service environment a plus.
High School diploma
Must have clean driving record and pass a CORI