Cornerstone Community Homes is looking for a full-time Assistant Program Manager for an Adult Residential Facility in Novato for developmentally disabled individuals with behavioral challenges.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Assistant Program Manager is responsible for weekend supervision of the direct support staff, including responding to calls and arranging for staff coverage in the event of an absence, and resolving other problems as they arise during regular working hours. The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for performing and providing supervision, leadership, and training to the other Direct Support Professionals working in the facility in the following duties:
- Carrying out each resident’s behavioral and skill goals as defined in the resident’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Organizing and providing transportation to activities for the residents.
- Assisting and training residents in the activities of daily living such as personal hygiene, dressing, grooming and toileting, and ensuring their good appearance at day programs or other community activities.
- Preparation of nutritious meals and following of proper food handling and storage procedures. Duties may include preparation of weekly menus and/or the purchasing of groceries and supplies.
- Assisting residents with the self-administration of medications and related recordkeeping. Transporting residents to medical appointments.
- Recording of daily notes regarding residents’ behavior, in-home and community activities, communication, skill development, health concerns, and special incidents.
- General daily housekeeping duties.
- Maintaining good relationships with residents’ families and day programs.
- Must have a criminal record clearance, physical and a negative TB test, clean DMV report.
- Must be able to work both Saturday and Sunday in order to provide weekend supervision.
- Three or more years’ direct support experience in programs for the developmentally disabled. Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Direct Support Professional (DSP) – Year 1 and Year 2 certification.
The Assistant Program Manager is a full-time, 40 hour/week, non-exempt position subject to overtime provisions of wage and hour law, with a pay rate of $13.35 per hour and benefits.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Cornertone Community Homes is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization providing residential services to developmentally disabled adults. Our...