Apply Now To This Position
Real Estate Development
Job Location :
Baltimore Home Office
FTR- Full Time
Position Summary: Partners with internal development and operations teams, third party contractors, and a variety of agencies and stakeholders to support the development process of market rate and tax credit properties from pre through post construction. Ensures a smooth handoff of quality buildings to internal operating companies.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Coordinate the ordering, preliminary review, and distribution of a variety of reports and documentation for project feasibility.
- Attend and represent the Owner in a variety of meetings, site reviews, and inspections with internal customers, third party contractors, and external stakeholders; coordinate the completion of identified issues and next steps.
- Manage turnover of project documentation, reports, and materials from General Contractor to Owner.
- Represent the Owner at construction inspections and acceptance walks.
- Coordinate and attend Building System Demonstration, Training, and Orientation sessions between general contractor and Owner; ensure proper commissioning of equipment and effective transfer of knowledge to operating company.
- Manage warranty process between the General Contractor and Owner.
- Coordinate with Marketing department on a variety of pre-opening activities such as placement of marketing office and construction of monument signs.
- Expedite work of third parties such as utility companies, inspectors, and contractors that impact the development.
- Manage the collection, review, distribution and storage of post construction documentation for development projects.
- Coordinate with General Contractors, Engineers, Municipalities and other related parties to ensure proper release of letters of credit and/or bonds related to development projects.
- Coordinate transfer of responsibility for insurance and utilities.
- Mange third party field reviews throughout the construction process.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a real estate, engineering, business or related discipline; exposure to a real estate, architecture, contracting or development environment preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines in a high volume environment.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with and present information to a wide range of individuals and business partners.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex issues.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to independently interpret data, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on those conclusions.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...