VERTEX is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff in a variety of construction, engineering and environmental capacities. More specific details are described below.
Specific Job Title: Assistant Project Manager/Engineer
- Assist in preparation of technical reports with photos and graphics and claim synopses
- Field management of construction projects
- Assist with file setup and filing
- Use and maintain technology
- Inspect properties and buildings
- Review and interpret building code
- Assist with repair estimating and cost-to-complete estimates
- Follow Safety Protocols
- Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner
- Travel and/or field work may be required (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture or Construction Management required
Knowledge & Skills
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget.
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting plan sets, estimating and take-offs, and as-builts.
- Requires excellent technology, computer and document management proficiencies.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe)
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus
- Effective communicator, verbal and written
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
- Estimating skills are a plus
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity