The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-assured, collaborative individual to manage commercial building new construction and major renovation project and program activities for the Energy Efficiency Services (EES) New Construction Program. The ideal candidate will be experienced in relationship management, project management, energy efficiency strategies including deep energy savings, and sustainability issues.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Manage projects: work with contractors, applicants and design teams to ensure that projects are finished on time and on budget and that projects adopt cost-effective energy and demand savings opportunities; resolve issues
- Conduct program activities including quality control and quality assurance. Develop and manage incentive offerings, technical assistance offerings and supporting tools and resources as assigned. Provide recommendations for program improvements and assist in program modifications.
- Develop and report on project statuses and metrics. Participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Develop outreach strategies. Develop and maintain customer relationships. Strengthen stakeholder relationships and encourage increased collaboration.
- Participate in multi-functional teams to improve the program and to develop and direct new programs. Identify market needs and develop program services that support the integration of advanced energy-efficiency strategies and sustainability practices into new construction and major renovation activities.
- Provide technical policy and management guidance to the Program Manager for New Construction
- Present information on NYSERDA programs at professional meetings, conferences and workshops
- Lead and encourage the development of professional staff
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Preference will be given to those candidates who also possess the following:
- Relevant experience in the commercial or industrial sector working with energy efficiency projects, new construction projects or green building projects
- Energy-related technical knowledge of one or more commercial building systems related to design and operation
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with drive, determination, focus, and initiative who can work independently and in teams
- Strong communication skills, particularly building relationships with key customers and contractors
- Strong computer skills, particularly the MS suite
- Knowledge of contracting processes, experience tracking contracts and adhering to budgets
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- Engineering or Architectural Professional Licensure in New York State
- Experience coordinating energy efficiency projects or serving as a project manager for renovation, modernization, or new construction for large commercial buildings including office buildings, hospitals, universities, or other technically complex commercial buildings
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in commercial building mechanical systems and their energy use
- Additional relevant experience with: energy efficiency new construction program management; new construction or project management; commercial energy efficiency issues, technologies and products; and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
Individuals will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package with generous paid leave is also offered.
- An Associate’s degree and 3 years relevant experience as described above, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in the natural, physical, biological or environmental sciences, engineering, architecture, energy management, or related degree or
- An unrelated Bachelor’s degree and 3 years relevant experience as described above or
- An unrelated Master’s degree and 2 years relevant experience as described above
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with your salary history and requirements to email@example.com . When applying, please type the Position’s Title and Job Code 205 in the Subject Line.