Creates and directs enterprise-level promotional strategies to support the categories with the objective of introducing and promoting the brand to existing/potential customers. Works with consultants, agencies and internal resources to develop advertising campaigns, promotions, and marketing materials. Works with the Category Teams to activate promotions designed to drive traffic to the retail locations and coordinates with sales operations effective execution of advertising and promotions. Assists in developing budget proposals and tracks costs to stay within budget.
1. Works internally with the category teams to define the objectives and strategies for a given promotional period.
2. Uses the full range of advertising and promotional materials, including newspaper and other printed material, digital media, social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter, billboards, radio ads, and coupons, to introduce and promote a marketing initiative. Checks, tracks and reports progress of jobs already in progress.
3. Selects external suppliers and provides specifications for marketing materials. Negotiates price, quantity and delivery, tracks progress of production and ensures quality of materials produced. Tracks all invoices and expenses against budget to ensure cost control.
4. Proposes and manages a variety of marketing initiatives and promotional campaigns. Integrates digital media approaches with traditional marketing campaigns. Works with vendors to develop innovative solutions.
5. Plans and implements promotional events as needed, may staff promotional events and trade shows.
6. Manages inventory of premiums, promotional give-aways and contest prizes.
7. Prepares presentations to executive management, sales operations and outside suppliers.
8. Performs a variety of other marketing projects and tasks as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related discipline, OR the equivalent of 5-7 years experience in an advertising or public relations agency or other large company with multiple concurrent marketing projects.
Must have practical experience in managing promotions, activating campaigns and coordinating events.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Demonstrated ability to hand multiple projects and details simultaneously.
Requires tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner in dealing with internal and external customers.
Requires effective oral and written communication skills and strong influencing and persuasion skills in working with parties both inside and outside of the company.
Physical demands can include sitting for extended periods of time while driving or working; work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to significant telephone contact with a wide variety of individuals and can be stressful.
Working Conditions: While work is often in a normal office environment, also includes regular travel throughout assigned area and occasional trips outside the area and overnight stays. Work can include long hours on all shifts, week-ends and holidays and exposure to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), vapors/fumes, high humidity and machine noise.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operators license with clean MVR.
Bachelor of Science
Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include long hours, week-ends and holidays.
Ability to work indoors.
Ability to be physically co-located with other employees.
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.
How To Apply
For help, questions or concerns about applying for Pantry Kangaroo Express jobs online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails are answered during normal business hours.
Kangaroo Express - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...