Equity Office is an owner and operator of primarily Class A office buildings in multiple markets across the country. The company is an affiliate of the Blackstone Group, a premier global private equity firm. Equity Office is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and has approximately 800 employees nationwide.
Oversee the daily operations of assigned commercial properties and ensure that income is maximized, expenses are minimized and the total value of the asset(s) is maintained. Key areas of responsibility include customer relations, property operations, construction, lease and contract administration and financial management and analysis.
- Assist with day to day operations, vendors and maintenance of the assigned properties.
- Assist with overseeing contracted vendors to ensure they are meeting terms of contract and scope of work. Handle any service issues and ensure service meets quality standards.
- Ensure purchase orders and contracts are accurate and fully executed prior to the start of any work.
- Verify customer and vendor certificates of insurance are current and meet all requirements.
- Regularly and proactively conduct building and property inspections. Take necessary steps to ensure the property, including the back of the house and vacant spaces, are maintained “Best in Class” and are tour ready at all times.
- Work with Project Managers on oversight of building and customer construction projects. Ensure contracted projects adherence to building rules, regulations and specifications.
- Develop and maintain day to day relations with customer contacts. Ensure customer needs and requests are being met to their expectations. Resolve customer service issues and requests in a timely manner and escalate as appropriate.
- Coordinate customer moves including scheduling, access, signage and other elements. Ensure all move out and restoration requirements are enforced.
- Be familiar with all pertinent documents for assigned buildings including leases, management agreements, associations, and listing agreements.
- Track commencement letters and verify they are accurate and executed. Maintain all other related correspondence supporting the lease.
- Review commencement letters for Senior Property Manager or General Manager approval. Maintain all other related correspondence supporting the lease.
- Assist with the preparation of the property operational audits and documentation for the proof book for all assigned properties.
- Ensure life safety programs are in place and meet all company guidelines and legal requirements for customer and employees of assigned building(s). Conduct Annual Floor Warden Training, Scenario Training and Fire Drills.
- Assist with responding to property after hour calls and emergencies.
- Assist with preparation and input of Annual Budgets and Capital Plans in accordance with Budget Guidelines.
- Review monthly general ledger and financials to assure all income and expenses reflected are valid.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting including accruals, reclasses, reforecasts, and variance reports.
- Review and verify all budgeted project expenses. Ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Review and code all invoices, verify amounts are correct per the contract. Invoices must be coded and processed in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the collection of rent and miscellaneous charges required. Review aged receivables report monthly.
- Review all customer escalation prepayment and settlement charges.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit superior skills in customer service, interpersonal relations, communication, budgeting/financial reporting and operation management. Always represent Equity Office in a professional manner in all dealings with customers, brokers and vendors.
- Assist with mentoring Property Administrative Assistant.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years property management experience or related business experience required.
- Proficient in industry standard software applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc.) accompanied by the ability to learn and utilize custom software programs.
- Real Estate Salesperson’s license preferred.
- RPA and/or CPM designation or coursework and candidacy preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Equity Office offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits program which includes 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans, educational assistance, flexible work arrangements and more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at
Equity Office is committed to a diverse workforce. EOE M/F D/V
Equity Office Properties Trust (NYSE:EOP), operating through its various subsidiaries and affiliates, is the nation's largest publicly held...