Responsible for conversion of telephone and walk-in prospects to leases, resulting in maintained and increased occupancy. Responsible for effectively communicating to existing residents and establish a successful renewal program. Responsibility for weekly/monthly reports to include receiving and posting of rents, with additional responsibility to assist the Property manager with the coordination of day-to-day activities of the development, in accordance with the standards established by The Housing Partnership Inc. Assist in maintaining office clerical, filing and record keeping systems. Identify and strive to meet the needs of the residents.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for marketing:
a. Respond effectively to telephone inquiries to generate prospective resident visits to the property.
b. Show and demonstrate apartments, utilizing sales skills to demonstrate market ready product and availability to close prospects.
c. Follow-up with prospective residents.
d. Monitor telephone and walk-in traffic at property via welcome cards and traffic logs.
e. Walk model tour route and opens models daily to ensure quality presentation.
f. Obtain lease information and complete lease applications. Conduct required credit and reference checks. Set up and maintain lease files.
g. Conduct periodic market surveys, as requested.
2. Encourage resident retention by contacting all residents on renewal report that are not currently on lease.
3. Posting rental payments and security deposits. Providing ongoing maintenance of such records.
4. Handle the administration of leases:
a. Perform move-in inspections with new residents.
b. Review Welcome packet with new resident in a timely manner.
c. Maintain legal records/files.
d. Input daily activity on daily and vacancy reports.
5. Assist with resident relations:
a. Prepare and process resident service requests.
b. Assist with resident problems and complaints concerning rent payments, service requests, etc.
c. Assist with preparation of newsletters and promotion flyers.
d. Assist with the planning of community activities and events.
6. Handle the accounting and administrative policies and procedures:
a. Collect, record & deposit rental payments, application fees, security deposits, etc.
b. Maintain account records and journals and make bank deposits.
c. Help to prepare weekly and monthly reports as required.
d. Help to prepare legal action for evictions, as necessary.
7. Supervisory responsibilities - in absence of the manager, provide “in charge” responsibilities for the property and staff. These responsibilities may include being called to work on short notice, managing and delegating staff for maximum performance of their respective job functions.
8. Other duties and projects may be assigned.
Typically works a standard work week but may be called to work during emergencies
Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which includes: ability to walk property, including climbing up to four flights of stairs to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture & lifting of supplies as needed.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
Equipment typically used includes personal computer, printer, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, copier/scanner, and paper shredder. Occasional use of vehicle.
High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of one year demonstrated success as an assistant or property manager in previous work or customer service and sales. Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of insurance and valid driver’s license in state of residence. Must be bondable.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted when competency in the role is demonstrated. Successful performance on pre-employment tests is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test and new hire physical examination.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience in managing/leasing multi-family properties
• Bookkeeping experience
• Ability to communicate effectively, safety-conscious
• Ability to assert yourself, preference for detail work
• Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivation and self-direction
• Ability to work with/without direct supervision and the ability to become a team leader.
City of Louisville, KY - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard