Apply Now To This Position
Job Location :
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- C Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Communicate effectively with residents, associates, and management to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed in a prompt, professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all associates are fully trained and aware of job responsibilities.
- Ensure associates’ understanding and compliance with all policies and procedures in accordance with and as outlined in the Shelter Properties Operational Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Manage job performance utilizing the company’s performance management process and incentive plans.
- Promote safe work practices among site associates and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
- Maintain knowledge of property and competitive properties through consistent evaluation of market trends and conditions; make recommendations to Senior Management as appropriate.
- Market Property: With direction from Property Manager, devise and implement marketing programs for your community. Programs will be developed on a neighborhood-by- neighborhood basis and will focus on: Offsite marketing; Corporate Apartment marketing; Resident retention/renewal programs; Increasing occupancy; Leasing Team Contests; Resident Activities.
- Promote Resident Service initiatives in conjunction with the Resident Services Department; drive efforts at the community level, engaging residents in social, educational, planned activities and events.
- Prepare reports of all operational and financial data to the Property Manager or Corporate Office.
- Analyze operational information for impact on NOI, identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and objectives. Minimize expenses through effective planning and control.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections; manage delinquencies as appropriate.
- Ensure the property, equipment, systems, and grounds are maintained to maximize resident and associates safety.
- Ensure the property’s interiors, exteriors and landscaping is well-maintained and highly attractive.
- Maintain strict adherence to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination."
- Ability to access all areas of the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Manages all property staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the property and relevant business development initiatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shelter policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum three (3) years property management experience or management experience in a related field.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally- recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain COS certification at the next available course offering.
- TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain TCS certification at the next available course offering.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and leasing.
- Strong communication and management skills; including the ability to articulate problems/resolutions effectively with peers/supervisors/management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage expenses within budgets, and increase net operating income of the community.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and property management software.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain a valid in-state driver’s license.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group - 19 months ago
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...