Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes almost 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, over 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the operation of the property and for providing administrative support to the Property Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide a means for the incumbent to learn how to manage a property effectively and successfully.
• Completes initial and annual qualification / compliance for LIHTC (Tax Credit) and HOME properties.
• Assist in the rent up of new / rehabbed properties including application intake and interviews, verification of income and assets, and ultimate lease signing and move-in.
• Responsible for representing himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with all residents, employees, and vendors, including both oral and written communication.
• Always presents a professional image of himself/herself.
• Responsible for working with the Property Manager and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
• Maintains accurate, neat, and orderly written records for the management office, as directed by and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Answers the telephone in the management office in a pleasant and effective way.
• Sorts and distributes all incoming mail.
• Provides applications to potential residents, ensures that the applications are prepared properly, provides them to the Property Manager, and tracks all follow up documents (e.g., receipt required by some agencies).
• Ensures that a credit report is obtained for each applicant.
• Prepares leases for applicants, and provides applicants with other material which will orient them to the property.
• Files and copies reports, memos, mail, and letters as needed.
• Gathers and sends reports to the appropriate people in the company's Boston office on time and as required.
• Monitors paper flow in the management office, and makes recommendations to the Property Manager concerning ways to enhance paper flow.
• Collects rent from the residents.
• Updates resident information on Yardi, including such changes in status as move-ins, move-outs, and new rental rates.
• Conducting the recertification interviews with residents.
• Reviewing each recertification to ensure that all checklist items are complete.
• Sending copies of the recertification and Move-in verifications to the appropriate funding agencies (e.g., Social Security Administration, place of employment, Welfare agency, Veteran's agency) and to the relevant banks and other organizations (e.g., drug stores).
• Assists the Property Manager as needed with marketing functions.
• Performs special projects to enhance the marketing of the property, such as conducting resident impact studies concerning scheduled or contemplated rent increases.
• Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Property Manager.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
(These are specific degrees, training, certifications and skills that are required to perform the job)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Knowledge of MS Office suite such as Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Prior property management / tax credit experience strongly preferred
Anticipated Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Over the last three decades, WinnResidential and its affiliates have met every challenge encountered, demonstrating to clients and residents...