Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes close to 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,700 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location (City/State) of Position: Newport News, VA
Title of Position: Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the routine operation of the property. The purpose of this position is to provide the additional capacity needed to manage the property effectively. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Tax Credit Compliance, processing rental applications, inspections and rent collections.
- Responds to resident issues and complaints in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Assists in managing the day to day operations at the office.
- Responsible for ensuring that the reporting calendar is followed and that all reports are run and completed on time.
- Is responsible for rent collection of delinquent accounts, recoup current resident damage, daily bank deposits and communicating the amount of rent due at time of move in, move out or during residency.
- Is responsible for all property management team data entry accuracy within the property database Yardi. Reviews all new resident files and receipts. Updates Yardi with new resident information, confirms ledger and moves resident in and out of Yardi.
- Processes all move out deposit reports.
- Assists Property Manager on issuing appropriate communication documents to residents and follows through to completion.
- Track all resident issues and special requests to completion in a timely manner and inform Property Manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for processing recertifications and lease renewals in a timely matter.
- Participation in the Leasing and Marketing
- Perform regular audits of site files to ensure compliance
- Ensure that all required paperwork for move-ins, move-outs, renewals, and recertifications is processed in accordance with all federal/state/local regulatory requirements.
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Responsible for having a thorogh knowledge of all operating standards, including operational policies, plans, and procedures.
- Process invoices for payment
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
Tax Credit and leasing experience preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
YARDI experience a plus
Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Anticipated Work Schedule : Monday-Friday. Some Saturdays required
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous Time Off and Benefits Package!!
No phone calls please.