Assistant Purchasing Manager, Puerto Rico (Job Number: 010499) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for the selection and acquisition of merchandise or services, within the assigned department(s) or product (s) with the required standards of quality, service and delivery. Assure that the merchandise meets the consumers and store needs; and that it meets the needs and ensures the success of the Walgreens marketing, merchandising and sales plan and programs.
- Assists the Manager, Purchasing PR and Divisional Merchandise, Manager PR in planning, developing and recommending sales, gross profit levels, inventory control and merchandise turnover objectives for the assigned department(s) and item(s).
- Assists in the development of merchandising, display, advertising, distribution, and sales plans, and programs for the merchandising department under their responsibility.
- Assist to determining suggested retail prices for new and existing merchandise that are competitive and within pricing policies and guidelines.
- Assists in recommending the addition, revision, or deletion of items, or departments. Responsible for new items setup and items integrity for their specific categories, including ADR7, ADR4, and market direct data elements.
- Assists in setting planos. Acquires the ability to develop productive merchandise programs for basic departments is order to improve the return on investment.
- Assists in negotiating buying contracts and obtains most advantageous price, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service, and dating in order to acquire skill in performing these functions.
- Develops the skills necessary for cultivate positive vendor relationships.
- Responsible for assists Puerto Rico ISP with merchandise returns, vendors or items issues. Develop an understanding of the replenishment process. Assists the PMM system to forecast all merchandise for group sheets, OAN, and authorized distributions for items they are responsible for communicate others to Deerfield.
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating internal & external market research information, and sales and merchandise turnover so as to ensure the proper merchandise and mix for assigned items and merchandise department(s) for both stores and warehouse.
- Assists in finalizing the New Items and New Vendors sheets.
- Assists in any import process. Work with the proper departments and support teams to meet the program requirements.
- May perform business analysis of key performance measures including tracking division’s performance against business plan, evaluating promotional planning efforts, verifying the viability of vendor deals and resolving accounting issues related to deal agreements. Evaluates viability of items in advertising and measures forecast against results.
- Attends trade shows, conventions and also visits Walgreens and competitor’s stores to analyzed market trends to keep the abreast of current situations and opportunities, ensure correct pricing, introduction of new items and new categories of business.
- Audits own performance and recommends objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the purchasing and retail fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrates them into own practices.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years in retail purchasing and/or consumer goods OR a High School Diploma/GED equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in retail purchasing and/or consumer goods.
- At least 3 years experience in merchandising, vendor relations, and marketing in the retail business.
- Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Analytical experience in marketing, category management, retail, buying and/or other category/marketing- related functions
- Experience managing people, projects and/or cross functional teams.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...