Assistant QA Manager—Direct Hire Opportunity!
Relocation Assistance Available!
Our food and beverage company located in Salt Lake City is looking for an Assistant QA Manager to join our growing facility! The ideal candidate will have previous experience with working with the FDA and/or the USDA, have QA/QC food and beverage testing experience, and hold a BS degree in the sciences. This position is a 2 nd shift position.
- Lead a team of 7 QA/QC techs doing sampling and testing off the production line
- Maintain, update, and monitor all aspects of HACCP, GMP, SSOP’s with respect to the USDA, customers, and company requirements
- Supports, communicates and trains to assist operations in ensuring that training, testing, and new product development is done in compliance with USDA, customer, and company standards
- Performing audits of the production area and/or laboratories
- Conducts a review of all QA and food safety policies, programs, and practices to keep current staff well-informed of current practices and new developments
- Write and communicate SOP’s to staff in the laboratory and/or production area
- Interact with the USDA on a daily basis on all levels concerning issues with plant policies, facility, and programs
- Maintain and update all required records and non-compliance issues
- BS degree is the sciences, food science is preferred
- 2-5 years of QA/QC testing of food and/or beverage products in an industry environment
- Supervisory experience is highly desired
- Experience with USDA/FDA is strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates are highly desired
- Must be able to work up to 2 Saturday’s a month when needed
This is a 2 nd shift, direct hire opportunity located in Salt Lake City. There is relocation assistance available. The salary requirements are $45k-$55k depending on skills, and experience. We also have a competitive benefits package available.
*We are not looking to consider PhD candidates at this time.
*Work sponsorship is not available.