Position Title: Assistant NDT Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other Requirements: Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project needs. Requires occasional out of town and overnight travel.
Assist the Level II technician with the designated NDT method while gaining experience and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist technicians in set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and facilities upkeep.
• Assist technicians in project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services.
• Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
• Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
Assistant Radiographer/Radiographer Trainee-
• May only operate radiographic equipment under the direct visual watch and supervision or a radiographer or radiographic instructor.
• Maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
• Secure industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
• Prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
• Provide the required notification to appropriate safety management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as necessary.
• Capable of being certified trust worth and reliable per NRC criteria.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Performs other related duties assigned by supervisors.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments which requires occasional out of town and overnight travel.
• Must be able to communicate with clients, supervisor and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
• Ability to read technical documents and engineering specifications is preferred.
• Proven ability to follow precise directions and procedures.
• Proven ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
Assistant Radiographer/Radiographer Trainee-
• Must possess a 40 hour Radiation Safety Course certificate of completion.
• State Industrial Radiographer’s Card preferred.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
• Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 10 months ago
Department Of Veterans Affairs
- 13 days ago