Job Title: Assistant Real Estate Manager
Department: Real Estate Management Services
Reports To: Senior Real Estate Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Last Modified: 7/24/2012
Colliers International | Minneapolis-St. Paul has an opening for an Assistant Real Estate Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the operation and management of commercial real estate portfolios. This position provides support to Real Estate Managers and will perform a wide range of functions including administrative tasks, tenant relations, oral and written communication, assisting with tenant maintenance requests and organization of information/data.
Effective August 1, 2011, the Welsh Brokerage and Real Estate Management divisions partnered as an affiliate with Colliers International, expanding Welsh’s network with the second-largest commercial real estate services company in the world.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
• Effectively communicate with department personnel, tenants and service providers.
• Optimum tenant relations.
• Respond to tenant inquiries.
• Provide prompt tenant service call resolution.
• Establish and maintain files, materials, information and related data.
• Copy, scan and/or fax documents.
• Assist in lease administration.
• Provide administrative and analytical support.
• Enforce lease requirements and property rules/regulations.
• Manage tenant insurance requirements, collect Certificates of Insurance and ensure lease compliance.
• Assist in rent collection.
• Assist in tenant relations program.
Additional areas of focus may include:
• Assist in budget preparation and management.
• Conduct routine property and vacancy inspections, taking appropriate action to ensure property standards are met.
• Assist in property profitability and expense control.
• Complete portions of monthly financial and operating reports.
• Assist in obtaining and analyzing bids from service providers.
• Secure contracts; schedule, coordinate, provide direction and oversee portfolio maintenance and construction activities.
1. Job Requirements
• Education and/or Work Experience
A bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field preferred.
2. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Language Skills
Proficient reading, writing and communication skills are required.
• Mathematical Skills
Must understand and accurately perform intermediate mathematical concepts. Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports is preferred.
• Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work will be performed within an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Best Representation Statement
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
Welsh is a full-service commercial real estate company, established in 1977. For over 30 years, Welsh Companies has and continues to provide...