Job Title: |
Assistant Regional Director – Timberland Finance
MetLife Investments is a premier insurance asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $333 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
MetLife Investments’ Real Estate and Agricultural Investments Units manage a $58 billion portfolio of commercial and agricultural loans, and real estate equity investments. The MetLife Timberland Finance Group is charged with growing and managing its $3 billion portfolio secured by over 5 million acres of timberland throughout North America. Our customer base includes private industrial and non-industrial timberland owners, as well as, most of the timberland investment management organizations. Our objective is to expand our current platform not only domestically, but to include investments in prime timber growing regions around the world in both debt and equity.
Job Requirements :
- Seven (7)+ yrs of commercial lending or capital markets experience focusing on clients in forest products related industries
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Banking, Economics, Agriculture or Forestry preferred
- MBA or Masters in Forestry related discipline a plus
- Superior knowledge of lending principles, credit and collateral analysis
- Strong marketing skills - oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain customer and peer relationships
- Ability to resolve credit problems and achieve results
- Knowledge of forest products industry required
- Ability to travel is required (domestically or internationally) on a regular basis
- Highly professional in all environments as a representative of MetLife on national and international platforms
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong support to management and processes in order to attain aggressive group loan origination goals including new business goals of $400-$600 million per year
- Superior sales, marketing and business development skills
- Deep knowledge of lending principles, credit procedures, and collateral and credit analysis
- Extensive timber lending experience
- Experience leading syndications and multi-lender loan participations
- Highly proficient computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office applications.
Portfolio Management :
- Oversight/Management of credit and collateral quality of complex timber loans in portfolio totaling $3-4 billion
- Ability to instill and deliver exceptional customer service with the highest of ethical standards to a large client base
- Experience with loan workouts, including those requiring complex solutions
- Review and assessment of timberland appraisal reports
- Supplement the National Director’s leadership of the Timberland Finance Group
- Supervision of a team of investment professionals within the regional office as well as nationwide satellite locations
- Guidance and collaboration with loan originators in relationship management and new business development
In connection with this open position, MetLife will only consider job applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. It will not file any visa applications in connection with this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 15 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...