Drunken Fish is an exciting and growing brand. Opening in St. Louis in 2003, we now have 3 exceptional restaurants in the St. Louis Market celebrating 10 years of service. We opened in the Power and Light District, KC just over 2 years ago and now expanding our brand into Leawood at 119th and Roe. Restaurant is set to open in early Spring of this year 2013.
We are now hiring additional team members to support that growth. If you are looking for a growing company with lots of exciting change and opportunity, submit your resume and a member of our administrative team will be in touch shortly.
This particular position must be capable of bartending approximately 20hrs a week and managing the remaining 20-30hrs a week.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager (ARM) is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant. Key responsibilities are: team performance, customers dining experience, increased sales and profitability, training, effective cost controls, performance management of FOH employees, and retention of key team members
- Responsible for accurate receiving and stocking of all orders
- Responsible for the mentorship and growth of all FOH staff members
- Contributes to local meetings with influential and pertinent agenda topics
- Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines
- Assists RMs and GMs with controlling and inventorying of food, liquor and labor costs
- Ensure secure, safe handling and transportation of funds
- Utilize the shop reports, staff evaluations and DM site evaluations to develop guest oriented quality of service and delivering the WOW and cleanliness action plans to enhance guest total satisfaction
- Ensure daily lunch and dinner pre-shift meetings
- Support and implement the Company local store marketing programs
Food Preparation and Production
- Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in a manner consistent with all drunken fish locations
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained
- Purchase food products within established guidelines and protocols
- Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times
Administration and Auditing
- Maintain all employee files. Ensure that required documentation is complete and accurate within personnel files.
- Responsible for restaurant P&L performance with GM
- Analyze monthly operating statements and determine reasons for variances. Manage operational expenses to maximize profit potential
- Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals
- Oversee all restaurant administrative requirements including cash handling, completion of guest
- liability, property, casualty, workers compensation reports, governmental compliance, i.e., OSHA posting requirements, federal, state and local labor law postings, manager’s log binder, invoicing, etc.
- Education: High School or equivalent.
- High Energy and Passion for the industry
- 2 plus years prior professional experience in restaurant management
- Knowledge of computers
o Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
Indeed - 13 months ago