The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for all functions of the restaurant including, but not limited to guest relations, supervision of all staff and staffing levels, and providing a consistently excellent food and beverage experience. Responsible for transition of satellite wagering facility into full sports bar operation. Handles complaints, develops staff, provides budgeting and forecasting, and manages payroll and inventory controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of all food service areas and equipment to Cornucopia Foods, LLC's standards. Handles cash banks. Takes inventory of supplies and equipment, maintains stock at necessary operational level. Prepares inventory reports, incident reports and work orders as necessary. Hires, trains, schedules, coaches and counsels, supervises, reviews and terminates as necessary to meet standards of excellence. Ensures that food and beverage costs are maintained at agreed levels and budgeted targets are achieved or bettered. Attends and conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings as required to ensure effective communication. Builds community relations and promotes the growth of new sports bar and grill within and outside of Fairplex.
- Extensive food, beverage, and bar service knowledge in comparable food and beverage operation/s.
- Familiar with sporting events and accompanying promotions.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a sports bar or similar venue.
- Proven success record in building sales.
- Ability to build excellent professional guest relationships while meeting approved budgetary goals in sales and cost controls.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, including proper storage techniques.
- Ability to successfully manage projects to completion and accomplish goals as assigned in a timely basis.
- Knowledge of the operational and maintenance requirements of all the equipment utilized in the facility to which assigned.
- Ability to prepare, plan and forecast labor costs and scheduling to meet guest needs.
- Training, coaching, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable OSHA, HAACP and Health Dept. regulations.
- Food Handler's Certification
- Must be neat and organized with excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional analytical and report writing skills
- Must possess excellent grammar, math, and desktop computing skills that include working knowledge in Excel, Word and Quest
- A 4-year college degree is highly desirable
Essential Elements of Job:
- Must be available to work any of the seven days in the week and any of the 24 hours in a day, depending on event requirements.
- Many work tasks are performed indoors, usually but not always in temperature controlled environments. However, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 F) and kitchens (+110 F), possibly for one hour or more and to work outside or under tents, moving or directing moves of equipment as an event requires.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 2 hours per day. Walking and standing are required for the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and from task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion and 35 lbs regularly
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to both limited spaces (kitchen, warehouse, freezers, etc.) and to reach facilities across Fairplex in a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to inspect facilities.
- Ensures that all necessary and industry standard restaurant cost control systems are in place, in practice, spot checked and enforced. This includes, but is not limited to, bottle-for-bottle requisitioning, chit-for-food/chit-for-beverage procedures, shelf-to-sheet inventorying, etc.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity and training to use and operate/demonstrate all necessary office equipment, such as computers, printers, 10 key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, point of sales systems, etc.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License and insurance, per state law, and demonstrate safe driving record.
- Familiarity with horse racing and its related wagering operations preferred, not required.
- Performs any and all other related or unrelated tasks as assigned.
- This position description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all job duties, requirements, qualifications and tasks.
Minimum 3 years experience in a sports bar or similar venue. Hold current Manager's ServSafe Certification.
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard